Originally Posted by Pappy348
If you shoot enough factory ammo, you’ll eventually run into some with issues. IME, I’ve had more misfires with Federal .22 ammo than anything else, though some of the last Winchester, their high-priced super-duper HPs was really bad, and those, combined with their troubles with primers have put me off the brand, except for their better shotshells.

Had a weak Remington Gun Club shell yesterday. Not long ago one round in a box of 12ga STS was deformed and wouldn’t chamber. Others I shoot clays with have had duds as well, with factory of various brands. Almost all shoot the cheapest they can find.

I buy Fed 9mm and .223 when it’s cheap, also Fiocchi and Blazer (9mm). No issues yet with any of that.

If you are having issues with Federal 22lr, I suspect it's the rifle. I've never had issues like you claim, in any of my rimfires. You may want to check, or have your rifle checked by a competent gunsmith.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA