Learn me up. No experience with such, other than night hunting with kill lights. Don't do much night stuff anymore because I'm usually in bed about then....grin

But an experience a couple nights ago that got me to thinking of my shortcomings. I-70 borders the ranch and there was a car/semi wreck right out by the gate. When the cops and amberlamps showed up, an armed passenger from the car fled the scene on foot. He headed for my creekbottom, towards my corrals and cowshed. Lucky for me, the local fire chief(who was in the ambulance) gave me a call to alert me to the situation. I don't even have a light on any pistols (which is shortly to be rectified). But anyway, I headed down the hill to the main house to lock everything up and get my guns and car keys outta the ranch trucks and be ready to give the fugger a big surprise if he showed his face. I didn't want to turn on a flashlight to give the perp an idea that I was out and about, so it was a stumblefugg doing all this in total darkness. I sure figgered NV gogglers woulda been handy about then, along with a thermal/NV scope on an AR. Clip-on's sound interesting, as I could use it as a monocular to see/scan with, then slap in on the rifle if needed. Am I off base here? I don't need no fancy stuff, no video/phone capabilities, do they make simple on/off switch models?

Eddicate me, here. Thanks

PS.. They recovered the guys gun on the shoulder of the hiway about a half mile south, and finally caught him a few hours later on the other side of the interstate. Quite a deal for a few hours, 8 State cops, 4 SO depittys from 2 agencies, a game warden, 2 fire trucks, an ambulance and 2 hiway dept dump/plow trucks.....