We held the service this morning at 11.
Then 8 of us carried him out and slid the casket into the bed of his 1 ton Dodge dually. We jumped in there with him, and took a ride around the ridge above Pleasantville where we used to hunt. Nineteen degrees and windy, but it’s Dave, and he’d have done the same for us.😀
Then on to the cemetery where he’ll rest beside The Old Man and Mom.
I sure wasn’t ready to say goodbye to my brother and hunting partner of 40 some years, but I’m sure he and Dad and a few of our Beagles are after the rabbits and the Deer on that Big Mountain that The Old Man spoke of hunting someday.
His youngest son Jake is now gonna be my partner since Ben lives 8 hours away. Jake’s a great young fellow, and i know he’s gonna have my back, just as I’ll always have his.
Goodbye Dave! I love you and I’ll treasure the memories we shared until I join you and The Old Man!
The torch is passed, and me and Jake are gonna carry on the tradition that you and I learned from Dad. I’ll miss you.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden