Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I never saw a Fieldcraft in person. I read that the barreled action was top shelf for sure but many liked the stocks on the Kimber Montanas better?

If someone asked you for a 5 star stock suggestion what would it be? I could see buying one more rifle for the rest of my days if it checked all the light weight easy to shoot well and crazy accurate boxes.

Maybe 2 of them if a slow twist .223 was an option. The first one would be 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't care what any of the Creedmoor is a poor reflection on a persons "manliness level" people say. I own one and have loaded for another. The ease of getting bragging sized groups is a big plus and I'm not planning to hunt anything larger than deer and maybe a black bear.

Montana stock is a POS next to that fieldcraft stock. Montana stock is cold moulded fiberglass made in Costa Rica, the Fieldcraft had an AG composite stock.

Wow, in your opinion the Fieldcraft stock is better made than the Montana stock. But, there is nothing wrong with the Montana stock.

IMO, the contours of the Fieldcraft stock are in no way as comfortable as the Montana stock. IMO, there are angles and contours on the Fieldcraft stock that are sharp, square even, rather than rounded off for comfort on the gripping surfaces.

I can never understand why companies design an elite rifle with what feels like an ill carved 2x4.

The early Nosler rifles had an even worse formed stock. Very sharp edged in the grip area.

Bottom line, I cannot spend Fieldcraft money on a rifle that feels like that. Not when I have Montanas and Hunters that feel better much better in my hand. As I have not had problems with any of my Kimbers, they are my choice over the Fieldcraft. YMMV.

Last edited by AB2506; 01/18/24.