Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I've posted this before. A WT doe at 80 yds or so, killed with a 178 gr. Shock Hammer out of my Pre-64 .358 FWT. She stumbled 20-30 yds and gave it up.

I sent this photo to Hammer, got an email from Steve, pointing out the satellite exits around the core. He knew what he was looking at.

I like their accuracy and they way they frag. Lots of internal damage for a mono.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Gunner just sent me these photos of his Oct. '22 buff kill in S/A, Namibia/Botswana border on the Orange River. As posted earlier, Steve at Hammer Bullets told him that his was the first buff killed with their 404 Hammer bullet.

Pay attention to the exit pattern, and contrast it with my WT exit pattern. His was the 404 gr. .458 Win Mag, mine a 178 gr. .358 Win. But the exit pattern is pretty close to the same.

It was a 28 yd. broadside shot that put him down right there, (DRT). Gunner said this old bull was an "ornary sombitch" that was off by himself, "tearing the crap out of a tree" when they found him He was no longer breeding, had killed two breeding age bulls, so don't ya know the PH was glad to see him go. Gunner said he was so mean, even old "coffee house dagga boys" wouldn't hang with him.

Now, for those Hammer doubters and skeptics, check out these photos.

The gun is a .458 Win Mag that gunner had built, stock by a guy in CA. He reminded me that I had sold him the SS bottom metal off a project of mine.

The 404 gr. Hammer was moving at 2,518 fps over an an unspecified, gunner sized load of AA 2460. wink

DF