Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
That's because your needs have not changed in the last 20 years. This is the Hunting Optics forum and hunting has not changed in forever, for the vast majority of hunters. Yeah, some people shoot at game at longer distances than before, but that is a small minority of hunters.

I read here all the time about peope wanting to have a 1inch tube with a 3-9X zoom and under 36mm objective weighing less than 16oz. Oh, and less than $200, please.

On the other hand competitive shooting has expanded and riflescopes are being designed and manufactured to meet their needs.

I am now using a riflescope in 1000yard competition that is the end result of the latest innovations, and that's where riflescope manufacturers have been spending their research resources.

All good points.

I realized a while back that the rifles, optics, and for the most part, chamberings I use for big game hunting is what I arrived at 30+ years ago. There really hasn’t been any sea change kind of improvement without unacceptable trade offs (for me, at least) since.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.