Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by memtb
This is always a concern for me…….we try to never allow our 1000 gallon tank to go below 40%. I have several reasons…… trucking, refining/processing, labor issues (another covid bs issue), ect.

Or last but not least…….our government shutting down all utilities in order to establish complete control over “we the people”! memtb

That last part of your post is something that has been on my mind. We have a Vermont Casting woodstove in the house and it will take care of us all winter if we want. My plans are going to include a backup woodstove in the shop before next winter. Fortunately right now is my slow time of year so the shop issue isn't a big concern.

I think that is a very wish move! You may even consider a small (nothing fancy) wood burning stove for cooking. Ya may never need it, much like insurance ……you buy it hoping to never “need” it! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024