Originally Posted by Heym06
Tide Change posted one of my favorites, the Wallowa Eagle Cap wilderness. Spent lots of time there, growing up in the valley below. It's right up there with the Umpqua drainage, and the coast.

Heym06 - that's a collage of pictures I took in 2018, after I recovered from 4 major abdominal surgeries. I was gutted like a deer from stem to stern, 4 times in an 18 month period. While I was convalescing and going through therapy to regain my core strength, I kept dreaming about summiting the Matterhorn and Sacajawea one more time in my life. My hope was to see some Rocky Mountain Goats, so I took along a spotting scope. (I left my backpacking fly rod and spinning gear at home to save weight.)

Little did I know I'd be within 35 yards of some goats, and didn't need the scope after all. Meanwhile, trout were rising everywhere you could see, all across Ice Lake where I had set up my base camp. Go figure!

My doctors and surgeons all told me I wouldn't be able to do it, but I'm a fairly stubborn sort and I was going to prove them all wrong. grin

Joseph is my retirement home now, and I hope to be able to make that trek annually until I eventually croak.

Not a bad place at all to check out of the planet - and one of the best kept secrets of Oregon.