Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by bamagun01
I’ve read many articles about hunting antelope and it seems the preferred cartridge is 25-06, 243, 270 or similar. I’ve read many articles on how flat shooting the 22-250 is also. Is the 22-250 not a good cartridge for Antelope?

It would be ludicrous to think the 22-250 wouldn't work on an antelope. At any sane hunting distance. They are pretty dang thin skinned animals. Put a good bullet into the boiler room and they are done. "Good" can mean 55gr Hornady sp interlock too. Don't over think this. My buddy kills deer all the time with that bullet. I personally would run my 62gr TTSX load because I have a bunch of those bullets, and it shoots well enough. It's not the best shooting bullet in my rifle, but I'd trust it out to 500 yards.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yes, it's flat shooting. Yes they have great bullets that would work great on big deer and even antelope. Definitely accurate enough, if you have your rifle and load set up right.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well you proved a 22-250 can put holes in paper and you know what an antelope looks like.