Originally Posted by 5thShock
Good, you made the right decisions all the way through. How about a photo when you get it all like you want it?

I don't have a place to host pics right know but if someone pms me a mobile # or an email I'll send a few pics that they can post for me if they would. I quickly played it on the couch and snapped a few after I put the sights on. I probably should have cleaned it up a bit but they're good enough to see what it is. Now I need to figure out what scope to put on it. About 20 years ago I had a leupold 2-7 and then a fixed 6 on it. I've since got rid of most leupolds but those did fit it well.

I loaned this rifle to my little brother in about 2001 and he shot a big bodied 3x4 iirc mule deer at almost 400 yards with it. I had some 100g partitions loaded for it over a max load of rl22 back then because he said he might see an elk and had a tag for it too. The 100g partition worked very well and dropped the big buck in its tracks exiting right behind the opposite shoulder. Between my dad, my brother, and myself we killed a lot of deer with 6mms in the 80s and 90s. I still have the 700 bdl and my dad still has his 700 all so with this model 7 we have 3 6mms.

Bb