Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Gents,

I was thinking about this the other day and am curious how y'all would answer: what is a common rifle today (being produced new, not hard to find, not considered rare, etc.) that you think will be considered collectible in 30-40 years. Put another way, what is a rifle in 30-40 years that we'll look back on and say "dammit I should have bought X number of those when they were easy to find!"

This obviously precludes Pre-64s, JM Marlins, rare Ruger #1s, etc., and other things that are *already* harder to find and/or expensive...

This is all dependant upon current trends and biases being continued by the future maturity of todays youth. Quite an expectation.

Model 70's made in the US would be a possibility as would military rifles both bolt and semi auto.
Lever rifles are deemed utility/tools by many so JM.will likely blend into Ruglins and Remlins will be both forgotten and absorbed into old Marlins as long as they are well made, ie not crooked sights or obvious defects. I have one made in Nov '19 and it is near perfect and certainly as good as any JM I owned, reviewed or used, since the .45/70 was reintroduced in 1971.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.