Almost didn’t go, woke up late, didn’t roll out until after nine. Third time droning two hours across South Texas to the Rio Grande in a month.

[Linked Image from ]

Seems like everyone is expecting Eagle Pass (pop 28,000) to be this big dramatic thing. Business as usual there today. Here’s the main drag, 1.7 miles from the Border. In order of appearance: Popeyes, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Mc Donald’s, HEB, EZ Pawn, Dollar General. All staffed on prior visits by typically small town South Texas friendly people, speaking fluent English. Hispanic Americans.

If the mass illegal immigrant convoys are showing up across the river there that’s all on the Mexican Cartels, not Eagle Pass.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The old downtown above Shelby Park and the river, quiet. Eagle Pass Cops blocked access a block away (in background), likely because of all the publicity about the rally.

Hang a right in the above image towards Quemado and maybe 200 yards later you’ll pass through Eagle Pass’s version of the suburbs. No burglar bars, no graffiti.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744