My buddy Danny’s younger sister, Carol.
I knew her name, but that was all. I was at the Ft Bedford Dance and asked her if she had seen her brother lately. Danny and I would usually get together there and have a couple beers before we headed for P-ville and the Summer Nationals.
While we were talking a slow dance started, and I asked her to dance.
I knew that “Footloose” was gonna be at the Drive In Friday. I asked her out while we were dancing and she agreed.
I didn’t say anything to Danny about this. Friday evening I picked her up in my Monte Carlo and we went in the Drive In about dusk.
Now I learned from The Old Man. When you get parked before the movie, you get out a bottle of Windex and some paper towels and clean the windshield. I was doing this and saw Danny sitting 4 rows back!😳
I told Carol, “I’ll be right back” and walked back to do his windshield!😀 His date for the evening was a 6 pack. I knew why he was there!
Carol and I had a pleasant evening. I’m always a gentleman with the ladies. I dropped her at her door and asked her out a second time. In a few months time we started going steady, and about a year later I bought her a ring.😍
We spent 24 happy years together.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden