Went as an adult with my son’s troop in 2009. Good trip. My son was the crew leader for our trek. He still has the wrinkled copy of “his life”. As crew leader he was given a map and points of resupply and various checkpoints to reach during our 10 day trek. Our staff guide told him it was “his life” responsibility to get his crew to each checkpoint and back to the main camp safely.
This experience along with many others during 12 years of scouting, helped turn my son into an Eagle Scout and the man he is today.
My son will be 34 later this year and he still has this wrinkled copy of a Philmont map and the crew itinerary with the official check in stamps. He has it framed under glass and on his wall.

At the time, there were 3 crown jewel high adventure camps in Scouting. They included the Boundary Waters area in the North, the Sea Base and Munson Island to the South and Philmont in the West.
My son was able to attend all three and I was fortunately able to go along on 2 of those trips. Philmont and Sea Base.
Great times.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.