After this hunt, I had plans to head north to my son's stomping grounds for some deer hunting. This was, of course to be combined with getting to spend time with the little grandson that hit the ground the December before. We had lots of laughs and enjoyed a great evening before the hunt got rolling the next morning. We were both very disappointed in the deer situation. At the peak of the rut, in areas that had held dozens of deer in years past, we were seeing next to nothing. There were NR hunters EVERYWHERE and that definitely wasn't helping the situation. MT really needs to reduce the number of tags they are giving out, in order to both preserve the quality of the hunt and allow at least some of the deer to survive. We did find some deer and managed a couple of decent bucks, but only saw one deer in 5 days of hunting that was truly trophy quality. Unfortulately, that one was on a place we couldn't hunt. Both of our bucks were spotted bedding in heavy cover and had to be walked up and jumped. Both were shot at roughly 100 yards on the run.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

More to come!!