Just sharing a Savage moment here.

I Looked for pics but cannot find any of a friend's rifle whose banged up stock I redid. Turned out better than hoped but ran into an issue reassembling.
Was very nervous as after taking it apart I found some spring and tiny ball bearing whose purpose I could only guess as being there to make the bolt smoother. I was like, what the,,,,, how does this go together. The fact it was an heirloom from his grandfather had me feeling pressure.

I could not find the manual on line. I called Savage and they told me the gun was made like 80 or 90 years ago but even they have no manuals on it due to some fire after they sold the company?????

He had a scope on it that was touching the barrel and I got him a great deal on something made this century- but it still needs shims or ....something.
Overall the gun looks great and works only so so okay but the internal magazine seems off... scratching head.

Anyway- any Savage lover know anything about a bolt action 30/30 that was discontinued around maybe 1940's?

Last edited by kenjs1; 02/16/24.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius