I am in the process of evaluating (from an estate) a Rifle that I have wanted for 55+ years now, and have finally found one!
The Rifle is a mint, as new, in the original brown two piece box, Ruger #1-B in 222 Remington!
I believe the low four digit serial number puts it at 1968 manufacture.
The box has the correct low four digit serial number on it and has all the original paper work and rings with it. If I recall correctly the rings originally came in a red or gray tie bag but that bag is missing.
The wood on this very early Ruger #1-B is very nicely figured and again the wood and the metal is flawless.
It is tough to come up with a "comparable" on this Rifle as the original production four digit Rifles seldom come up for sale and even less often in the very rare 222 Remington offering.
The Rifle probably has been shot but shows NO sign of that - the original owner again has now passed on. The label on the box shows it was shipped to the now deceased owner for $2.60 from Gopher Shooter Supply to Montana.
Anyway if anyone can shed light on this Rifles evaluation I would appreciate it - as I can find no reference to sales of an early four digit Ruger #1-B in 222 Remington.
Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy