Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Media mail rate for 1 magazine would be $4.13. Ebay gouges for about a 16% fee on every penny collected but that's over the top. Lots of sellers try to get their fees back by jacking the shipping. Mail rates go up every January. Not 3 times a year.
I thought about selling mine on Ebay with media mail, until I checked the regs for media mail. Being a very rule oriented person I couldn't do it. Unless the Post Office changed the rules recently, it was against the law, or "PO" Rules to ship anything with adds for items for sale, including 100 year old magazines. The only exception was a publisher could have ads for books by the same author. Ask Randy, he might know the rules. most people just say fork the rules, nobody checks. I just did a search.

https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

Fork the rules. If it fits it ships. They don't have enough people to get the mail delivered and they certainly don't have enough to tear apart media mail to make sure it doesn't have advertising in it. Nobody at the post office cares what's in your package.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~