I've got a 1966 vintage Model 70- in 30-06, that my Dad bought new. He only used Hoppes #9 on it, but I do not know how often he cleaned it.

When I first got it, I put together several different loads and headed to the range. It was a solid 2" shooter, with most of the loads, with none better than that.

The barrel was heavily coppered, judging from the green streaks at the muzzle, so I went after the copper with Hoppes Benchrest Copper Remover. After 1/2 of the bottle, there was still green streaks.

Wipeout came on the market about this time, with very good reviews, so I bought some, and over a Memorial Day weekend, I got the barrel clean.

At the 100yds range, the very first shot from the squeaky clean barrel did not even hit paper, and shot #2 was 8" off center.

After shot 2, the barrel settles down and shoots very, very well with it's favorite load. It will maintain accuracy for about 21-23 more shots, then the groups open up, and I have to deep clean again, fire 2 foulers, and then I can hunt with it.