Originally Posted by BC30cal
troutfly;
Good evening my friend, I trust the day behaved for you all out east and you're well.

As I've mentioned, I've seen him speak twice, both times to a jam packed venue.

On the first one up in Penticton I was able to observe him and his wife before they went up to speak and then watched each of them as the other spoke.

A few takeaways were that she is a very good speaker in her own right, very articulate and fluent in Spanish, French and English. Her family fled the communists in Venezuela.

He's really sharp and can field questions from the crowd being able to both answer them and then expound on the answer.

Lastly, if they don't like each other as a couple, they deserve acting awards. That might not be much, but watching PM Socks and his ex, I never saw that mutual respect - ever.

This interview - go to the 2:00 mark - made the rounds and it was right after he met with the members of the Osoyoos Fish and Game club. Can you imagine any leader or even candidate on the left going to a gun club? He and his wife did, then gave this interview at an orchard just north of there.

My wife and I went to see him speak that evening after the above interview. He was in fine form that night - wore a pro-firearm T shirt and everything.... grin

No, he's not perfect and yes, I do hope he's going to do what he says he'll do.

And for the record, I am a card carrying member and did vote for him to become the leader, so I put my money where my mouth was and still is.

Let's hope there's enough left for us to rebuild for our kids and grandkids troutfly.

Dwayne

Good evening Dwayne,

Life is going well here, now. I lost my Dad suddenly at the end of Dec. Travelled to Southern Missouri where my Mom still lives to help her out with "Stuff". It has been rough.
Will you be passing through my area anytime soon? Would love to continue our visit from last Fall.
I too am a card carrying member, Conservative blood flows through my veins since birth. I help out where I can. He and his wife are certainly a great couple, well spoken, educated yet are "One of us" types. A non-dysfunctional family. Love that interview, lots of good points made. You are right, he isn't perfect but who among us is? Definitely better than the others.
I look forward to him visiting my riding, would love to shake his hand and ask a few questions.
I too hope there is enough of Canada left to rebuild once he is the PM. It will be a huge undertaking for sure.

Have a great day,
Jeff