I had open heart 3 springs ago. Aortic and mitrial(sp?) valve job and a maze procedure for afib. The doc was a good'un, and was able to repair the leaky valves without replacing them with pig valves. The idea of being on anti-rejection drugs the rest of my life didn't much appeal to me, so I was a happy little camper when he was able to fix mine up. The maze procedure only kept the afib away for a year and then I had to go back in for an ablation. Been good since, but can't handle elevation much since that deal. Went up elk hunting the last 2 years but had to cut both of the trips short because of my ticker. Do what the docs say and don't be like me and push your recovery. I kept pushing and it really set me back. Thought I was doing good and unloaded a truck of feed, and broke it loose the first time. And then again opening a frozen barn door only to delay the heal a couple more months. If they want you to walk right after surgery tho, be tough and walk farther and more than they want so you can get home quicker. It'll hurt like a sumbish, but don't cave to the painkillers. Them things are bad fugging news on your brain.

You got this, cowboy......buck up