I like this pistol. In it's lines and parts you can definitely see the roots of the Model 1907. Particularly in the details in these photographs at

Prototype Searle Detailed Photos

The two descendent grandsons/brothers approached me in 2013 with the 1916-1917 squeeze cocker and the original drawings asking "at least $20K, maybe thirty, but we don't know". I was fighting cancer and had not money to spare. But I made an offer of $8,000. I sent them onto Bailey, though he thought they wanted too much also ... then. crazy Think it brought $25K last year.

The brothers were very nice on the phone, but definitely focused on the money. "No one in the family wants them." We exchanged calls, e-mails and correspondence for about 2 weeks. They even let me keep a set of high resolution digital copies of the drawings and photographs they had taken of the pistol, and a photograph of Elbert that appeared in the NRA article last year.

With a 27% Buyer Premium and estimate of $10K-$20K , looks like this one may be passing me by as well.

"Too often people do not recognize Opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like Work." Thomas Alva Edison