Originally Posted by huntsman22
My boss keeps a ledger board for all the big game kilt on the ranch. Up till Sunday, I was the undisputed LR kill champeen with a whitetail from 849 yards.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
But Sunday, the kid who has worked the last 4 summers for me, putting himself thru engineering school, kicked my everlovin' azz. He's been a good student (both at shooting, and school). I've given him scopes to get started dialling. His hunting rifle was a package rifle savage 243 that he killed a couple deer and antelope with and now wears one of my 4-18 LRHS's. His bergara LR .22 has one of my Arkens, his 204 has an Arken 6-24, and his 17 hummer uses my old 4-12 leupold. His grandpa has bought him all his cheap savage and ruger american rifles up till this past year. Then the kid bought a couple pistols and a pair of Bergara rifles hisself, a .22 and a 6.5 creed, and a burris xtr3 for the creed. I've also got him started reloading his 3 centerfires with my stuff, and he really likes it. He was so wanting the new ranch record, that he didn't score until the last week of our damage season, passing up lottsa does every weekend less than my 850. But it worked out good for him the other day. The wind was way less than saturday, and the goats moved into a pasture that allowed him a longer poke. 952 yards prone from a bipod, but the wind bit him just a little. Spined her just in front of the hips while trying to slip one behind her shoulder, but it all worked out for him. Congats, Cortland. You earned it, kid.....

Very proud for both of you!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/