Two of my grandson's showed up tonight & one of them was interested in trying out a few of my 9mm's, he's thinking about buying one for summer carry when he's out kicking around in the woods or fishing. I showed both of them a few, a Walther PPS, A custom shop S&W 9mm M&P 2.0, a Kimber 1911 Eclipse with a 9mm barrel & spring installed & a Browning Hi Power with adjustable sights.
After handling them for a few minutes & showing them the controls a few times I sent them home with the Kimber & the Browning Hi Power, 2 loaded mags for each gun, 50 rounds of extra ammo for each gun & a mag loader. Both boys are experienced shooters, having taken deer, elk & bear & at least one antelope.
They have to start somewhere & going with the 2 all steel guns is a good start for both of them, plus both guns have safties on them, neither the Walther or the S&W M&P has a manual safety. They are out of school Friday & I'm guessing their gunsmith dad will go with them when they go. I can also turn them loose with some 38 specials & 357 magnum revolvers, both double & single action guns.
All the loads are cast, powder coated loads for each gun & the Kimber has 2 other barrels we can switch into action in a hurry, a 38 Super & a 10mm if they want to up the horsepower a bit. I like to shoot 9mm's this time of year because I have so much brass. Any thoughts on the choices of guns the boys picked out to test drive on the first day, thanks. I do have one S&W 38 Super I can throw in just for fun that has a red dot sight, they would love it. N Frame, 8 shot hot rod.

Dick