Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by MaxCanyon
I was wondering if I will be taking to much a gamble Buying a 700 MTN SS of more recent build. this is a gun that appears to be built around 2019, and is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. It ticks off a lot of boxes of what I'm looking for for a backpack gun to hunt mostly Mule Dear and Black Bear in the wilderness, But i am really heastant based on reports of poor quality in newer built Remington guns. This gun is brand new and has been sitting on the self of the store for a while, and the asking price is 850 which seem reasonable. Am i overthinking this?
I have no experience with the current Remington products, so I can't comment. However, I have lots of experience with Tikkas; their quality is very good, and they're very accurate. For $850 you should be able to find a stainless T3x 6.5 Creedmoor that checks all of your boxes. And you won't have to spend extra $$ to replace the trigger!

Exactly what I was thinking. Tikkas do have a lot of plastic on them, but every one I have shot has been extremely accurate.

FWIW: SW has the Tikka T3X Superlights on sale for $859 currently. Multiple chamberings if the 6.5CM is not your preferred round.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope