Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Shaved steak, American cheese, grilled onions, green and red peppers, fried salami slices with chopped tomato and light mayo or some other variation of preferred 'toppings'. Served on a chewy Italian sub roll. 8 bucks and change.

... and I didn't think anything could improve a cheesesteak sammie... count me the [intercourse] IN!

Originally Posted by antlers
Here in southern Colorado we have something known as a Slopper. It consists of one or two open-faced cheeseburgers placed in a bowl, and then smothered with Pueblo green chile and topped with coarsely diced raw onions. To be eaten with a fork, and a knife, and a spoon.

My kid's in Ft. Collins, but I'd gladly drive to the other end o' the state to try that. Is there a recommended restaurant? Or, would I need to bribe somebody with a 12-'er of Natty Light to invite me to dinner?

Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Green chili cheeseburgers. But honestly, we put green chili on our Wheaties down here.

I'm a sucker for the green stuff, and make my burgers like that often, even if I have to use Mtn Goat:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I need to get down there to have the real thing. The Hatch festival is on my bucket list: one day, I'll make it happen.

As for a local thing? I shudder to mention what Cincinnatians call chili. I've never known a single soul who tried it for the first time without experiencing severe gastrointestinal distress. 🤢🤮💩

Even so, they do know how to do ice cream here.

FC

If you ever get down this way for Hatch or Balloon Fiesta, look me up.