Originally Posted by lochsa
Note to self: Don't buy a used gun from Seafire smile

Why not, the gun will be fine, but the barrel may have some high mileage on it tho....

Actually, I am terrible about holding onto a rifle.. I get this family bond with most of them, because I usually end up with one for some reason like I really liked it, or it was unique etc...

I've gotten rid of like 3 or 4 rifles in the last 10 years...
one was given to a handicapped lady friend of the family who was just dying for a 17 HMR.. so she ended up with a new Marlin from me for free...

another was a 1917 Eddystone that I got for a nephew when he graduated high school and he was off to the New Mexico Military Academy on a scholarship... put a new 6mm Rem barrel on that one, and a new Boyd's varmint stock, and a 10 x 40 Tasco Varmint scope on it for him... it was a graduation present, and that was engraved on the barrel...

one was a brand new Ruger 338 Win Mag that Ruger sent me as a replacement for a rifle that they couldn't fix and they didn't have any production runs coming up.. so they just sent me that one, which I immediately traded at the gunshop for a 260 Rem VLS that they couldn't move....

and I traded a 44 Rem Mag in a Marlin that wouldn't shoot worth a crap, for a new 7 x 57 Ruger, that the gun shop got by mistake and couldn't move.....

So I just hoard what I end up with most of the time... if I ever end up letting a rifle go, it usually is given away to a worthy cause for FREE.. ( now watch me get 500 PMs in the next week with the biggest sob stories ya ever heard!)loL...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez