Back when the new Remington announced that they were going to make a 1-8 twist rate 243 in the 700, I decided I wanted one. None of the local gun shops seemed to be very interested in finding one for me, so I called a guy that worked at one the distributors that used to be one of the go-to's for just about any firearm that the old Remington company made. I hoped maybe he knew if any had hit the market yet, but he couldn't help me, and we ended up talking about the wide variety of rifles and shotguns that Remington used to make. Now, I don't know how much he knew about it, but I assume that he knew something, and he said that it was his understanding that the new company was only going to make what they thought would sell the best, and that meant just the basic models. He said that he did not think that such models as the Seven, would ever be made again, or the special run stuff that Big Green used to put out. So, I'd say that for the unforeseable future, we'll only see 700 and 870's in whatever the new bunch thinks will sell the best.