It's an EG that I Hard Chromed the receiver and had the barrel finished with a high gloss Blue. The wood was really special. The original stock and forend were duplicated in XXX Walnut. I fitted and finished it with boiled linseed oil myself. With the tang sight, she groups between 5/8" and 1" consistantly. That 300 is my pride and joy.
Miss Kameron wanted one like her Dad, so I found a pretty little DL with an old Leupold in 243.
The hogs in Texas, or at least on that lease, weren't too skittish. I had a friend less than 10 yards from the feeder in a ground blind. They don't see all that well, but they can hear and smell! But, the haul brownie at the first rifle crack and don't come back till the feeder goes off in the evening. A behind the shoulder shot just Gobbs up all the ribs and front hams. I like to shoot them behind the ear, about 4 inches below their neck line. Then, it's usually either a clean miss or a clean kill and none of that stalking around through the thorn thickets looking for a wounded pig crap. wink