Thanks to CharlieSisk and the others for their contributions! I don't have much to contribute, but have a couple other questions:

Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
Some loads can have 5000 psi swings and less than 10 fps spreads. When you look at the pressure curves, you will see the area under the curve is the same, just shaped differently.
Would this be a factor in the 7mm Rem Mag's lower SAAMI MAP pressure? I've read how wilder pressure swings in that round have been cited as a reason for 62K psi vs 65.

Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
I truly wish several here on the Fire would purchase some pressure testing equipment. And spend a fair amount of time and money learning how to use it. And I promise, it will be more time and money than you think. One of the most eye opening things I learned first, was that the electric grid in the US has far too swings to be able to use for this type testing. At least in Kentucky and Texas.
And test a lot of different cartridges and powders and bullets. Then, start trying to test primers. That's a real head scratcher.
I used to think I knew a lot about handloading and such until I went down this path.
Charlie
What sort of pressure testing equipment would your recommend these days to someone who wanted to dabble in testing?
Also, when you mention the electric grid swings, are you saying the variables in grid AC power introduced inconsistencies into your results?
This is good stuff, thank you for posting.