Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Lady working at our office has a grandson at Nighthawk who’s a gunsmith, assembling their 1911’s. He loves his job, evidently a great company to work for.

She says they pronounce Berryville, sorta like “buryvul”…

Ya gotta slur it together for full effect. Takes some practice.

DF
😁 I probably pronounce Berryville the proper way then it's less than an hour from home or about an hour from home.. we are definitely in a redneck region of the Arkansas Missouri area
Ha!

How ya sort out Hillbillies from Rednecks….

DF
acreage

LOL !
I shared that info with my wife who was born in southern Missouri. I accuse her from time to time of being a Hillbilly.

She let me know her grandpa was Superintendant of Schools, so I guess he could read. And his family came from Old Virginia. OK.

Old Virginia types often inner married to keep land in the families. But only the oldest ended up with the estate, younger ones often moved West to do their own thing.

So her folks were kin to the Lewis and Clark families, the Warners, the Beazleys. George Washington was born at Warner Manor, his kin. So they all cousins. Grandpa was a Beazley.

So she let me know everyone from the Ozarks aren’t Hillbilly’s. But, how long does a blue blood need to live in the Ozarks before becoming a Hillbilly. We haven’t worked that one out quite yet.

DF