I’m looking to upgrade optics and I’m looking at range finding binoculars, but I have questions from those that have them.

Looking to save the funds for a high quality set in the $1,000-1,500 price range. This would include the Burris signatures at the bottom of that, the Vortex Fury, Sig Kilo, Leupold and Leica has one right at $1,500.

I’ve read some of the threads here about Sig’s 5 year warranty and the date of manufacture so that might be out. I know Burris and Leupold have good warranties but do rangefinder binos fall into the warranty repair category often? How long will the rangefinder last in the binoculars? Are rangefinders more of a disposable purchase every few years for those that use them regularly ?

Would I be better off getting a good pair of $1000ish binoculars and a good $2-300 rangefinder?

Last edited by philgood80; 03/10/24.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29