I've been to Owensboro several times over the last year, but only went to the Whittaker's store once, and then, the inventory was down so bad I pretty much turned around and walked out. I used to get down there pretty often, because it's only a two-hour drive, and it made a nice day trip. Too bad they've closed up shop, but you could kinda see it coming, they never really recovered after the plannedemic.

IF the new store is where I think it's going to be, that will be even better, closer to Owensboro and easier to get to. A better location, by far, although I like the country drive from Owensboro.

It's closer for me to go to Bud's or KY GUN CO, but not enough to matter, really 100 minutes to Bud's or 120 minutes to Whittaker's. KYGUNCO has two locations, one is an hour away, and the other, original store is only 40 minutes. Yeah, I got it good!
There are others, but those are the biggest within two hours. Heck, I've got a great store just 13 miles away. They can match, or beat, the others, and usually do.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 03/13/24.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.