Here's what I'm currently seeing with the Leupold DD bases I have.

1st pic are the bases that come packaged together with the extended rear and fronts
2nd pic is of a mix of the 1st package and a regular front base
Others are some overall scope positioning

Just not sure about the ring positioning being to close to the objective with the mixture of the two.

I can live with the rear extended base, but the front extended base is a no go for me.

Kinda liking the looks of the Warne QD and it appears they position the front ring a little more back than what I'd be dealing with currently.

Other option is to mount a VX5 2-10x42 that's sitting in the safe vs the 1.5-5 in the pictures.

Dirt - I found reference to your rifle when I 1st picked this up and 1/2 tempted to do the same. I picked this particular rifle up this past year at Scheels for 700+ tax, looked like someone had fired a few shots with the open sites and presume it went back into the safe.

Was one of those deals where I couldn't afford not to buy it. Of course like all things, the rifle was the cheap part as I just booked a cow cape buffalo hunt for next year (pockets aren't deep enough for a bull hunt at this time).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]