I have done the following and it has worked very well me here in South Texas.

I use regular scopes for all my hog hunting ....no thermal / IR.

What has been stated about green lights is the way to go is very true.

All we are doing and talking about is spot lighting for hogs......GREEN LIGHT is the best. Eye flash is easy to see with green filters or lights.

This is what I carry with me in a turkey/dove vest. I bought a 3 D cell mag light and converted it to a a 525 lumen LED. I bought the mag light accessory kit that comes with ...blue, red and clear lens covers with rubber bezel to hold the green plexi-glass.
I then bought a pack of 12 green plexi-glass sheets and cut to fit the same diameter as the lens covers. I use this mag light as my spot light and its good to about 100 yards.
Best part about the mag light is that it can be focused from flood....seeing eye flash/reflection... to tight beam..picking up a lone animal.

For the truck its a cigarette lighter outlet or cut to clamp to a battery. A regular hand held spot light...same kind for boats (frog gigging) and such, 1400 lumens with a green plexi-glass cut to fit works great.

Mag-light....$40.00
Spot light....$37.00
Plexi- glass....$14.00
Bulb for mag-light $19.00

So for $110.00 to $130.00 even less if you have some of this already, you or anyone else can do very well.

Best
Heavy

Last edited by HeavyDove; 03/15/24.