I bought a ported 24" model in the late 90's. I called it the strut stopper, and I killed over 40 turkeys with it in 3 different states. Like many have posted, I quit using 3 1/2" shells due to the excessive recoil. I eventually sold it, becauase if I removed the adjustable sights, the stock would not allow me to get low enough to look straight down the rib to the front bead. Useless to me for anything other than turkey hunting. That, plus the damn knife edged comb on the plastic stock bruised my cheek multiple times.
As an aside, it held the distinction of being the hardest recoiling firearm I'd ever fired when using 2 1/4 oz loads. It was eventually dethroned by an open sighted T/C Encore 416 Rigby that I shot with a maximum book load of powder behind a 400 gr Partition. You know how they say that the big bores like that are more of a shove? Throw that out the window when the rifle weighs under 7 pounds. It hit me so hard and fast that I thought the front of the trigger guard might have broken my trigger finger. Naturally, I fired a second round for good measure. laugh

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5