I appreciate the feedback guys.

I purchased a SA XDMe in 10mm for carry in the mountains. I’ve put about 350 rounds through it and just haven’t gotten the feel for the pistol. It almost fits and almost points but I have to “work” to make it work.

The the pistols that I own and shoot, CZ75B, Sig P938, Sig 365X and Ruger MKII’s. Those frames point very naturally for me. The XDMe points much better than a Glock but again, I have to work at it.

Yesterday I was looking at the Sig Legion 220, P320 X10, F&N and then a few 1911 10mm’s. All of them just point naturally as I noted in the OP.

I’m planning on more range time with the SA just to make sure that I’ve done all that I can as properly as I can to give it the chance that it needs. However, I’m starting to research other options in case I decide to change pistols.

Never having handled a DW 1911 I was very impressed for all of the reasons that you guys mentioned. Add to that the long sight radius, very visible sights and a nice hefty build to help control the recoil and there’s a lot to love about the pistol.

Based on the sight radius and great sights I don’t think that I would miss a thing over a dot optic with the eye changes that age have brought. The thing just feels right in the hand.

That’s pretty much the background behind the question.