[Linked Image]

I had both serial numbers looked up -
[Linked Image]
Notice that the lower serial number was received a week later and they are only 4 numbers apart.

The magazine had some repair, the bottom is a poor replacement, as it the follower - it's just made from flat sheetmetal and is soldered to the spring, it actually feeds quite well. It does not hold the bolt open when empty like the original follower.
[Linked Image]

The magazine has a scratch mark on the right side, this is sometimes seen on these and is due to the pivot pin for the action lock not being flush on the inside, that is the case here, the one on this gun has been replaced and was not fitted fully flush inside.
[Linked Image]

Although it fed well it would not eject even one round, about halfway out they slide off the extractor, which is a replacement. That is not because of the extractor, the two small prongs that keep the case from moving to the left are broken off, which allows the case to slip off the extractor when it's out far enough to allow side movement.

The replacement extractor doesn't have the 'hooked' end like an original, but I think that has more to do with aligning the rim when chambering than with extraction. I think it counteracts any sideward push from the fixed prongs on the left of the bolt, the ones that are missing on this bolt.
[Linked Image]
I have other bolts, but I don't think any have a British proof stamp, so I will repair this one. I might find when I get prongs welded back on that it won't feed reliably, then I will also have to change the extractor.

Gene