Moose are deer.

Clear some deadfall and alder thru a couple routes in for about a mile from the road for walking in, decide on a camp site, find and prep a-couple tree stand sites and clear routes to them, portage a canoe into 3rd lake and set up camp a few days before, for quiet access

I too preferred slip hunting the area before antler restriction went into affect. Jump shooting slot-limit bulls out of their bed doesnt give time to both determine legality and shoot usually, plus, last year after 14 years absence, I found Deadfall, alder growth and chest high grass makes slip hunting the bedding areas ( greatly expanded now) to be almost impassible and dangerous. The moose love it, and in the brief time I hunted last year, I located 3 bulls, so I know they are still there, tho in reduced numbers, but hunting pressure has dropped off to almost nothing. I can live (or die) with being the lone idiot in a hell-hole with fewer bulls than there were. smile

Btdt several times before- just haven't been this old.... If necessary, plan B is smaller pieces and/or more packing time/ and/or younger packers, even if they turn out to be one-time pussies. Got at least one potentially lined up.

First, kill a moose!

Decide on which rifle. I would prefer the 725 .260, but probably take the heavier Ru77 .338WM. Thars bar in them there woods. Big, brown ones. Never seen a blackie in there.

Last edited by las; 03/18/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.