Originally Posted by tcp
I have been researching the Rugged Mustang or Oculus vs a Q Erector vs a Dead Air Mask. I have shot a suppressed 22 a little bit and recall the first round pop being an annoyance (don't recall the brand of suppressor) and would like to purchase a suppressor that minimizes that. Longevity and ease of use/cleaning are my other priorities.

Looking for advice based any experience with those products or others that should be considered.

I have three rimfire suppressors: Dead Air Mask, TBAC Takedown 22, and Surefire Ryder 22A. The Mask and 22 Takedown are pretty evenly matched in weight, performance, and minimal first-round pop. The Thunder Beast seems a little quieter on a pistol, but I don't have any scientific data to back it up. It just seems that way to me and my ears.

My Surefire Ryder is an older model with aluminum baffles. It's super lightweight, which is nice, but the aluminum baffles are an absolute PIA to clean. I would avoid the Rugged Mustang for this reason - it has aluminums baffles. I would stick to the rimfire suppressor models with stainless and titanium construction.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.