Originally Posted by DaddyRat
Wife wants to go to the UK this summer. Planning on 2 weeks, flying into Heathrow. Wants to do some sights in London but mainly wanting to go to Scotland and Ireland. Wants to see Stonehenge and the Waterford Crystal factory. Other than that no other real ideas.

Anybody else been? What were some of your favorite things to do and see?

Went about 20 years ago.

Flew into Gatwick as it is further away from the crap that is London. Even then, the lady hosting me complained about what London had become mainly because of the muslim immigrants. Because of that we avoided London like the plague, pun intended. If I were to go again, I would definitely avoid London. It has only gotten worse.

We drove over to Wales where spent a few days to get some work done. Then on to Scotland. I enjoyed the countryside way more than I thought.

Be sure to stop in little towns and eat at the pubs. Food I had in general was not good (trying to be polite). But the pub food was good.

The environment of little local pubs is awesome.

We only made it into Edinburgh (sp?). That was a pretty cool day and a half.

I ended up driving about the whole way. We put close to 1500 miles on during that week. The driving was a bit tough. Takes way more concentration to drive there than you expect. Felt like I was a new driver again for the first couple days.

Can't help you any more than that. Good luck

Montana MOFO