Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
No mention of engine configuration, is it a twin or a thumper?

I’m thinking it will replace the DR650 which I believe is about the only carbureted old-school original left on the market.

I’ve been considering finally fulfilling my religious obligation to own a Harley but damn all that extra weight and steel even on the Sportster to no particular purpose compared to my last bike - a KLR that I put 55,000 miles on.

Cross-country that KLR 650 could comfortably pull 80 on the interstate all day long, was too much fun chasing sport bikes on twisty backroads and blasting down forest roads. With that single 650cc cylinder talking to you the whole time a tach was superfluous.

The only thing I didn’t like were the tube-type wheels, I hope that new Suzuki had tubeless rims, I’d like to see the industry move in that direction.

My guess is it will be watered cooled, fuel injection four stroke. If it comes to production I’m thinking the looks will be the only thing retro’ about it. bummer.

Birdy You ought to break down and get you a Harley, everybody needs to date a whore once in their life! laugh laugh