This is not it..... grin

I'm sure many of you guys are old enough to remember the bias-ply Co-Op Grip Spurs and Gateway Buckshot Wide Mudders (which came in a radial version also). Both were discontinued several years ago, with Maxxis tires picking up the Buckshot name to use on their radial mud tire. Well, after several years of absence, the originals are back on the market, as the "Buckshot Mudder", with "Gateway" stamp. Thailand is now the country of manufacture. When I was a kid, these were on everybody's hunting trucks and the rear axles of many 2wd daily-drivers, at least during hunting season.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm in the process of resurrecting the old Tacoma camp truck that's been sitting for quite a while and one of the many items to address is tires. It is currently running some 15-year old Buckshot Wide Mudder P78-15 tires, but they are clapped out and dry-rotted. I wouldn't trust them over maybe 30mph, even though they hold air (somewhat). The newly-released versions are only available in the LT-78-16 (33.2x9.40-16) size, so I'll be swapping to some spare Tacoma take-off wheels to stay with a similar tire overall size. 15-inch versions are also available, but only in a 30" tall model.

This kind of tread depth is something you just can't get in a radial tire.

For what this little truck will be used for, old-school tech has proven to still be the best for the job. Yes, they will howl on the backroads and yeah, they have to be rotated like crazy, but you should see some of the swampy places this little truck has been over the years. Other than a $350+ Super Swamper variant, they are still the best for the job. These were $217 each through one of WalMart's online distributors.

Now with even more aplomb