One proud Californian voice saying "Relax! No worries of my invading!" True that some folks fleeing. But typically due to economics. They don't have the "choice" of staying. Many others who might wish to come here, economically prohibited in similar "lack of choice".

It's all about "choices" folks! And lucky are those folks with choices! In broader perspective "Packages" as the melding of choices. Nothing 'perfect', but putting together the pluses and minuses and coming to what works for 'you & yours'. Your "package product". That's where I am. "With such choices as most locales able to afford having my home. Not as a brilliant strategist! Just a dumb guy happening to be at the right place in the right era for a "seatbelt fastened" economic housing market rocket ride.

We're witnessing a climate fast-track ride of unknown dimensions. No clear 'safe harbours', nor does life provide such guarantees. You to yours, me to mine. What works for you and what works for me. So far, in my eighties now, the actual 'bumps' small and mine working Well! May you all have such luck or better! smile

Last point. People & Regimes. Under God, I love all good people and don't seek to gloat at circumstance of their lives or regimes.

My take!
John