Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
So your saying our bill of rights is for anyone in the world especially if they illegally step 1 foot in this country? In your opinion of course. I'll never agree with it.
The BOR is basically affirming basic human rights that apply to all humans. The BOR forbids the government from trampling on those rights and #9 acknowledges that the BOR does not cover all the basic human rights and clearly states that the listed rights "shall not be construed to deny or disparage others (rights) retained by the people".

We are not yet to a point where you have to carry your citizenship papers for Gestapo inspection and I hope we can observe basic human rights.

I am not at all pleased that the country is being overrun with 3rd world savages but it isn't such a bad thing that courts are recognizing the right of "the people" to be armed with firearms.

The tone of this discussion leads me to believe there just might be sentiment building in some unlikely quarters for the rewriting of the 2nd amendment restricting it and all other rights to citizens in "good standing". Think about where that might lead.

Then congress could define citizen in "good standing".
I'd be happy to have it rewritten to say " citizens" vs persons.

So you support the 2A, but....