Good setup! The only thing I'd do different is switch to a WF line. In fact, I had a 0 weight TXL-F. Since I had the 000, too, and a couple entry level 2 and 4 weights, I figured the 0 was "extra" and sold it. Later, when Rio started offering a WF floating line, I picked up a Dart 0 weight. Since, I also added a Dart 6'3" 3-weight.

Different pros and cons. Obviously the 000 weight won't throw far and even in a fly-fart of a breeze, a cast lands in a pile at my feet. Still .. fun! The 0 is more practical. Not sure if I like it better or not. It casts a little further. I wouldn't say it handles a breeze better, maybe safer to say "less poorly." And the little 3 does <a lot>. I keep reading / hearing how specialized it is .. that's not my experience. If I had to pick one .. I'm not sure which it would be. Limited to a DT, it wouldn't be the 0, but with a 0 weight WF floater, it gains a lot of utility. IMHO can't go wrong.

I've used these for lower Rogue half pounders, basically sea run rainbows from 13 to 15 inches with the potential for a 17 to 20+ .. and they handle those fish just fine within the limits of the 2-3 pound leader I generally use in that application. These are not "muscle" rods but they are not weak or toys either. In fact, about the only time I go heavier than that 3 weight now is if I need to switch to a clear lake line.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...