Man, for a cheap hunting bullet, where the OP is only looking to shoot out to "300 yards" on deer, I'd be looking at the 100gr Hornady BTSP interlock too. Last year, when Scheels had a 15% off sale on reloading components, I was buying those bullets for $21/box. Those bullets are also very easy to find. Unlike the Sierra 85gr BTHP. I've used the 85gr Sierra, and those shoot real well, but a couple buddies of mine, use the 100gr Hornady BTSP interlock, with great success on deer sized critters. Because of that, and the price, that is what I load in my girlfriends .243, and my new to me Sako. Both rifles love that bullet. We practice out to 500 yards with those rifles, and they shoot very well out to that distance. I don't know how many the OP has of the other bullets, but when he runs out, I'd suggest he tries the 100gr Hornady BTSP interlock.

I generally consider price point, as well as accuracy/precision and bc, when looking at bullets to use. The BTSP definitely has a leg up in the price department. Last I saw, the Sierra's are in the $36-$39.00 price range, when/IF you can find them. BC is .311.

Now, compare that to the 100gr BTSP interlock. Price= $24.99 and BC of .405

Then the Hornady 95gr SST: Price of $36.99. BC of .355

I don't know about you, but I can see a clear winner there... Just my way of thinking.. Probably because I shoot a lot, so price is top of the list of requirements. Lower price= more practice.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA