Originally Posted by Mauser06
Amazing how many ABs were posted.

I've seen 2 too many inconsistencies with them.

One was a WT buck neck shot. Broadside shot. 165gr AB broadside from a 308win at 20 yards. What's that...6-8" of flesh and bone? Failed to exit. Huh. Weird.

Same gun...same load. Coyote quartering to me 30yds away. Put the cross hairs on his front left shoulder. Pow. Falls and rolls around. Quickly gains his feet. Can't get a follow up due to being sky lined. Surely he's going to fall over. I watched him run for 250-300 yards in disbelief. Saw where he entered the woods and there was a sparse trail that quickly dried up. Fast forward a week and a half later....I shot the buck from the first story so I didn't have a rifle. I was pushing for some buddies. A coyote is sneaking down a trail right to me. It's acting weird. It was limping like one of its front legs was stiff. It gets within 25yds of me and I see a baseball sized hole on the front left shoulder. 99% sure it was the coyote I shot. Only possible explanation is the bullet exploded or failed to penetrate. Several inches in all directions put the bullet in the body cavity and would have been fatal. Makes absolutely no sense.

Shot another buck with that load and it did great.

I've pretty much wrote them off now. Actually trending towards all coppers. Really like what I'm seeing from TTSX and have some Hammers to test.
A buddy shot a big buck in the neck with a 140 grain X bullet in the late 90s, 7mm STW. The bullet was laying in amongst a broken vertebrae. They do weird things at times.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!