Or take a dog along. The right dog can be helpful at times. My GSD ran a lion off at six months old. Wife was brushing him out in the yard, he noticed the cat first and went after it. It was approaching her from behind, in daylight, with music on her phone and the dog right there. Dog chased it until it went under the electric fence into the pasture, and it stopped to look back before it went into the woods. Dog hates that electric fence, wont go near it. But he was running back and forth at the gate, wanting in there. No dice. I’d be short a dog if he caught that cat. But tha cat wasn’t risking it, and if the dog dies buying my wife time to react, so be it. That’s what he is here for. And a 120 lb. all black GSD with a strong protection background and drive makes a lot of things think twice. Maybe buy me or the wife time to deal with whatever it is.

Funny thing, that dog will follow my lead if I am present. He waits to see how I am going to act and then follows my lead. But if its just he and the wife, he will listen to her, but he is vastly more protective than when I am there. Probably fight to the death between her and whatever, but hide behind me if godzilla comes at us.🤣 That’s ok, got him for her anyway. He has a job here, and he likes it that way.

Conservation only recently admitted there were lions here. Took one getting hit on the interstate for them to fess up. Cats were here well before that.

Last edited by APredator; 03/27/24.