I discovered this past Thursday just who had actually done the anodizing and nitride treatment on my new Ruger 6.5 SFAR:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It was these guys in Jacksonville:

The operation was certainly something worth seeing. While I was there (conveniently) on other business, I had two slides and a few other steel parts Black Nitride treated:

I learned that, with its three facilities (North [OH], West [AZ], and South [FL]), H&M Metal Processing has become the go-to supplier of surface finishes for just about the entire U.S. firearms industry. The biggest names in the business use H&M. But, for about two hundred bucks, an average Joe can get a “bunch” of steel parts Black Nitride treated. And, they’re not particularly fussy as to what constitutes a “bunch,” long as it’s not unreasonable. Best to ask.

Now only in their early 40s, the two brothers responsible for developing the process and making the operation what it is, have been at it since their early teens. Theirs is an absolutely amazing success story, their enthusiasm inspiring. I’ve known them now for a few years, and have had them apply their outstanding surface treatment to some of my personal firearms (pictured elsewhere on the ‘fire). But, only last Thursday did I actually come to know the extent of their reach in the industry. I am so very pleased to be able to call them friends.

Every day’s an adventure.